Sunday, January 8, 2012

Now this sucks!


and it sucks really good! It has a HEPA filter that captures 99.3% of the dust and after using it just once in the coop, I believe it.

Now let me back up, I am not a clean freak or a constant cleaner.  I do have an allergy type asthma that when I am having allergy problems, anything can really set the cough off.  Especially a dusty chicken coop.  If you have chickens, you know how dusty they can be. 

We have a good size coop and I like to hang out with my girls if I have a few minutes.  I was spending less and less time with them and I knew it was because of the dust.  I had also learned from Terry Golson at her Chicken Keeping Workshop that dust harbors many diseases in a coop.  I was on a mission.  I wanted something that would not kick up the dust while vacuuming and I wanted something light enough that I could hold onto while on the chicken's side of the coop.  It worked great! 
What has happened to me that I am this excited about a vacuum cleaner?

3 comments:

Reality Jayne said...

I want chickens..for the eggs...but that dust sounds yucky

Anonymous said...

I have an older version of that EXACT SAME vaccuum. We were very happy with it. We have had it for about 7 years and it worked great!

Bee Lady said...

I'm working my way back to a post I think I saw on your blog the other day---can you tell? I keep leaving comments on every post. I too got excited about a vaccum this summer and I did a post about mine too! Sigh...we must be boring.

CIndy Bee