Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chick #2 thinks Chick #1 has lost it...

This is Ginger, she is the #2 Chick in our house.
She is not amused with all that has come with my attempt to get on the sugar wagon.
It has been a rough week but we are at the end of day 3 doing Dukan.  I am actually starting to feel better.  The massive headache I had for a day and a half has gone away and for the first time in a long time I feel like I may actually not be held hostage by my sugar cravings(and maybe loose the 40 lbs I have gained since I started telecommuting).

We are readying ourselves for the arrival of our 12 egg laying chicks for the first week in June.  Good thing we have some time since we are still working on the coop.  Then the real fun starts as my husband decided to order 2 batches of 25 meat birds.  Yes that is a total of 62 birds!  The meat birds will only be temporary residents for about 10 weeks, but while they are here they will have a nice little chicken life in our corner of the world. It will be interesting to see how Ginger likes the chicks.  I have a feeling there will be no love but time will tell.



No comments: