Tuesday, April 19, 2011

here goes nothing...

I decided to start a blog to record the momentous shift that will be taking place at a little place I call home.  I have a husband and two sons, they have overtaken my life with all of their boy and men stuff.  I was always a tomboy growing up but, once I found myself surrounded by the testosterone, I rebelled.  Though I am still fairly true to my tomboy roots, I must confess, have become kind of a girly girl.  Shortly, Ginger(my dog) and I will be turning the tables on all things male here when our 12 chicks are delivered.  These 12 chicks will grow into 12 egg laying hens and we will have domination(yes I can be a little dramatic) over the land, or at least over our plot that we call home.  Here is just hoping that Ginger doesn't try to eat the chicks like they are peeps on Easter morning.  We are counting the days until June when the chicks will be here to roost and there won't be anyone here except us chicks(well almost).

2 comments:

Reality Jayne said...

Yay!!!!!...I am the first. Good luck with your blog. I was a tomboy growing up,as well. Now I am a 46 year old empty nester Mom /nurse/crafter/crocheter/blogger...with not much going on....I am interested in the whole chicken raising thing, so am looking forward to hear the progress....

Unknown said...

Thanks Jayne! I love your blog! We are very anxious for the chicks. I'll keep you posted.