Saturday, July 9, 2011

Simple Pleasures...

Some may think I am a complicated chick, but when it comes down to it I am a simple chick who enjoys some of the simpler things in life...

I love seeing my dog lay in front of the door and look out the window.  We adopted her.  She came from TN.  She had a hard life before she found her way to us.  It makes me happy to see her just being her...

I picked the "to market" bag up off of Esty...I just love it.  It is the perfect Farmer's market bag.


I love the inside of the bag when I get home from the farmer's market...today was strawberries, eggs, local honey with roasted almonds in it and local maple syrup...yum...yum and more yum.


I love that the milk man comes to my house every Monday morning and delivers milk in glass bottles.  The glass keeps the milk so nice and cold and local milk doesn't get much better.


I do not love frogs but I do love how excited my son gets when catching them at my parent's pond...


I love drinking my coffee from mugs that remind me of special places or times. My fav right now is from Vero Beach.  We went there last February and had such a great vacation.


I bought these sheets from Kmart. The are by Country Living.  They fit a king size bed and I paid $40 for them.  They have cute trim and are the perfect weight with a little sheen to them.  Good sheets cheap make me very happy and the crochet trim is like a cherry on top.



Lastly, one of my simple pleasures of late is going to my chicken coop, I love my window box though the flowers have been a little slow going.  All in good time.

There it is...just some of the simple things that make me happy. 
I hope you are able to enjoy the things that make you happy!

6 comments:

Janie Fox said...

all those things are for sure pretty loveable. I am not crazy about frogs but I like to hear them sing at night. That dog picture stole my heart.

Nicole said...

Aw, I love the picture of your dog!

ain't for city gals said...

Hi I came over from Janie Fox...read through a few past post...have to say good for standng your ground on your mil...you were not being mean..just honest. I have learned better to say what you need before it becomes a big blow out...how about a compromise of one weekend every month or so?....looking forward to reading your future and past posts..

Shannan Martin said...

Ooh - I want a milk man!

SZM said...

I love your farmer's market bag + the contents! I also love that you have milk delivered. That is the bomb.

Lisa said...

I love this post!! I love everything about it. OUr dog lis by the front door all the time too, especially if the kids aren't home. She waits for them there. Love your market bag and all the goodies inside. We have coffee mugs from places we've visited also. LOVE those sheets! I'm going to look for them. Such a sweet post. I love this idea.