1. I have always thought the date 10/4 was cool like, cop lingo.
2. I married a cop.
3. I was once stopped at the Canadian boarder with my friend. Our birthdays are both 10/4. When we were both asked our date of birth the agents at first looked like they didn't believe us.
4. When I was 15 I met the girl who was born to the woman my mom shared a room with in the hospital when we were born.
5. Buster Keeton was born today. He was a silent film star.
6. When I went to California when I was 9 we saw a silent film starring Buster Keeton. I thought it was kismet.
7. I didn't know the actual word for it was kismet till I was much older.
8. I married a man from a family of 6 kids, all born in October.
9. My husband was born on the same day as his sister 12 years apart.
10. I am not overly religious, but I believe it when children say they see Mary.
11. My grandfather died the day after my birthday when I turned 5.
12. I remember I got a Scobby Due projector and a cash register that year.
13. I wonder what my grandfather would think of me today.
14. I remember that I was 5 and my sister was 8 and we stayed out in the car during the wake for my grandfather.
15. I remember after the wake writing a letter to my grandfather and truly believing that god would give him my letter. The faith of a child can be so pure.
16. My family celebrates every one's birthdays. We have a nice dinner, cake and presents. It is with my aunts and uncles and cousins. I know how lucky I am to have that.
17. I might rant and rave about my MIL but I do love her. I just wish she would be a little nicer.
18. I always get the rose on the cake. ALWAYS!
19. I sometimes feel that my life is surreal working from home. I have struggled with that a lot.
20. I am starting to embrace my surreal life more than ever before.
21. I made very bad choices when I was a teenager. I am forever thankful that those choices didn't prevent me from making it to today.
22. When I was a teen, I colored my hair, spiked it, shaved half of my head.
23. You would NEVER know that if you met me today.
24. My kids don't know of my 'punk' days.
25. My punk days have caught up with me.
26. My son wants to dye his hair blue.
27. How do I say no?
28. I don't know what I was thinking when I titled this blog 43 things...
29. 43 things is a lot.
30. I wish I was better remembering anniversaries and birthdays. I am terrible at that.
31. My favorite song is A Little Less Conversation.
32. I have learned that I don't always have to say yes.
33. I have said 'no' a lot in the past year and it has been a better year than most of the past years.
34. My 9 year old is playing the trumpet.
35. He is proud and I am too, though sometimes it sounds like there is a sick cow moaning from the same room where he is practicing.
36. I wonder where next year will take me.
37. I need a Barnes and Noble intervention.
38. Salted Carmel is my new passion.
39. I wish I could tap dance.
40. I need to get a little more Wimsey in my life.
41. I want to write a book. I need to schedule time every week to write.
42. I want to go to the median my friend went to but I don't really know why. It really isn't my style. I think I am more fascinated by the fact that I want to go then actually going.
43. Happy Birthday to me, I am the 43!