Sunday, October 23, 2011

Prove your love...AKA my houseplant philosophy

I know it may sound odd but periodically I buy house plants, only for them to meet their untimely end. I usually joke and say that if a plant wants to be my house plant, they need to prove their love and survive my neglect. Good thing I don't raise my children the same way.

There was serious carnage in my little green house that sits on my kitchen windowsill.  I put cacti in there.  It looks cute and can stand up to my neglect.

This is what came out of the death chamber greenhouse...(believe me, I'm not proud)


This is what went in...


Dead plants walking...


4 comments:

Theresa said...

I love the greenhouse and you definitely have a knack for arranging all of those plants well! I hope they thrive.

btw, I am not much of a plant person myself.

Stitchfork said...

Cute greenhouse - hope this batch does well for you!
xo Cathy

Nicole said...

I love all my outdoor plants, but I have little patience for indoor ones, and I don't know why. Why do I not love them?

Reality Jayne said...

hope these poor souls survive....fingers crossed for the cacti