Thursday, June 30, 2011

Growing pains...

Our chicks are growing!  We moved our meat birds to the coop and today was their first day out.
They are getting so big and enjoying their new, albeit temporary digs.
They all seem to be doing well though some were a little timid about venturing out.
I can't believe how big their legs and claws are.  I think they give a new meaning to
growing pains, but no leg problems so far for our birds.

As for our hens, they are still cute as can be...
technical difficulties have prevented me from uploading the video.
Given the week I have had, I just can't deal with tech problems right now.

I have been absent from the blog world due to something I guess I could call growing pains too.
I have been doing some soul searching...I work from home, and not happy doing so.
So many people don't get it.  I am happy to have a job, but every day seems like
groundhog day to me.
When I began working from home, my boys were smaller, bus schedules and
day care ruled my world.
Now they are older, buses come earlier and I could make it to an office no problem now a days.
I have been so unhappy for so long with work, but considering the economy,
who have I been to complain? It is so isolating working from home.
I am going to continue to do some soul searching about this, as I prepare
for the weekend.  Guess who will be back and it is
going to be another wicked long weekend for this chick!





4 comments:

Janie Fox said...

I would like to have some chickens, but 1. the dog would kill them 2. I am bit scared of them.
Your job dilemma will go in my prayer list. Have a great weekend. I'll be praying for you.

Nicole said...

I'm sorry to hear about your job dilemma. That's tough. Hope you can figure it out, xo.

Boho Farm and Home said...

It is hard to be in a bubble and when you work from home, you can definitely feel like you are in a bubble. :) I understand!
Your girls look healthy and happy!
xo
Caroline

Boho Farm and Home said...

Love the chicken wire wallpaper, btw. :)